Friday, March 20, 2009

Obama to Iran

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-03-20-obama-iran-video_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

USAtoday covered Obama's video address to Iran where he urged that he wants to make negotiations and peace with Iran's government. Personally, I'm not so concerned with what Obama did say in the video although I did like his quote "we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist"...Such a great speaker :) Anyways, what I'm interested in is what media he disseminated this video to. I couldn't find it anywhere on USAtoday, I'm not sure if he wanted to touch that entire geolinguistic region by going through al jazeera where I also found the video, or if the video went directly to Iranian officials. I think Obama is setting the precedent of wanting to change relations with Iran after two or three decades of hostility, and he is doing so by using middle-east centered media. Did you know that the first person Obama gave an interview too after the inauguration was a reporter from MBC?(an Arabic broadcasting station)
In my opinion Obama is trying to change the way he deals with this part of the globe by going through their medias...which is quite the strategy. Anyone agree or disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment